NEWS

イタリア・ランペドゥーサ島沖で移民船沈没 700人死亡か

2015年04月19日 18時49分 JST | 更新 2015年04月21日 00時44分 JST
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Italian Coast Guard personnel recover a body bag on their patrol boat in Lampedusa island, Italy, Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013. Italian divers have recovered more bodies from the wreck of a smuggler's ship that sank off the tiny island of Lampedusa, raising the death toll to 250. Coast Guard Commander Filippo Marini said 18 bodies were recovered Tuesday from within the ship's hold, while one was spotted by a helicopter floating nearby the wreck. Marini said the search would continue as long as weather allows. Just 155 migrants, most if not all from Eritrea, survived last Thursday's shipwreck. Survivors said there were some 500 people on board when the ship capsized and sank in sight of land. A disproportionate number of the dead are women: So far the bodies of 75 women have been recovered, while only six of the survivors were female. Seven of the dead are children. (AP Photo/Francesco Malavolta)

リビア北部から約100キロ沖の地中海のランペドゥーサ島で4月18日夜、700人以上の移民を乗せた漁船が転覆し、これまでに28人を救助したが、国連難民高等弁務官事務所(UNHCR)報道担当官は19日、700人近くが死亡したおそれがあると発表した。ハフポストイタリア版などが報じた。

事故発生当初の情報では、18日夜、漁船から沿岸警備隊に航行不能で救助を求める無線通信があった。その際におよそ700人を乗せていると伝えられた。要請を受けたポルトガルの商船が転覆を確認した。別の船が近づいた時に移民船に乗っていた人たちが片側に寄ってしまったため船が傾いたとみられる。

地中海では15日にも移民船が転覆し、約400人が死亡したと伝えられた。また、2月にも転覆事故によりおよそ300人が死亡したとされる。

【関連記事】

ランペトゥーザ島難民船沈没事故(2013.10.3)

この記事はハフポストイタリア版に掲載されたものを翻訳しました。

ハフィントンポスト日本版はFacebook ページでも情報発信しています

ハフィントンポスト日本版はTwitterでも情報発信しています